Monday, April 9, 2012

Busy Bees!

It officially feels like there isn't enough time to do all the things we want to!

After my siblings left Fargo, we spent the week cleaning up, catching up on household chores, paying bills, all the boring stuff :)  Then the next week my sister called and said her and my mom are coming up the next weekend of the 31st to do big girl shopping and baby shopping!  I  was excited to be able to have some girl time!

They arrived Friday afternoon and I met Mom and Em at Cutting Edge after work.  This is something Mom was looking forward to!  She purchased a new wedding ring there - get this - June 23rd of last year!  She put it on lay away and was ready to pick it up!  She was using her  diamond out of her old set so she wanted to drop it off so they could get working on it.  Much to our surprise, it would be ready in a few hours.  We ran a few errands, did some girly shopping, then Emily went to my house to see Michael for a bit while Mom and I got some frozen yogurt and chatted until her ring was ready.  When it was time it was BEAUTIFUL!

We came home and visited with everybody for awhile.  Just played some games and chatted.  We were going to have a late supper - My aunt and uncle Laura and Brad were in Moorhead for a track meet so we met for dinner.  It was very nice to see them and they were excited about my big belly :)  We were all STARVING at this point and food tasted awesome.  We also bought some lottery tickets to try and win the $640 million jackpot for Mega Millions.  I'm still blogging at home, so we didn't win :(

We got home, played some Mario Party 9 on  the Wii, got in our comfy clothes, and just rested until bedtime!  Saturday was going to be fun!

Michael  slept since he drove cab the night before, the girls were going baby shopping,  which left Mark alone.  I felt bad for a minute, but then realized he NEVER gets time alone.  He used it to fix our dishwasher - what a guy!  Grandma and Auntie spoiled our little baby - clothes, blankies, stuffed animals, diapers, wipes, nursery decorations, baby toiletries, and MORE!  I felt so relieved afterwards - I had no idea how many basics I didn't have.  Shopping was fun although I did have to hear about not knowing the sex of the baby all afternoon.  Oh well - can't change it now!

After shopping we came back to the house for drinks and hanging outside.  It was beautiful outside!  And of course a little bit of sulking about our losing lotto tickets.  Then we got ready to eat supper at Mexican Village - Mom's request - then came home and played more games. 

Sunday morning they left pretty early and Mark and I got to work trying to figure out how to organize all our baby stuff.  I think I got a good system in my head, but I'm sure once more things starting accumulating the system will change a thousand times.  And I'll have to be okay with that!

No comments:

Post a Comment