Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Family is Fun!

Well we are all catching up on sleep around here due to a great weekend of family fun!  Of course Eric wasn't able to join us, but he kept texting us and sending pictures of what he was doing, so at least we could stay in touch!

Emily, Anna, and Roman came to Fargo to hang out and relax and we had a really nice time here!  Beers were consumed (sprite and water for me), the grill was used, the sun was out, snacks were eaten, Mario Party 9 for the Wii was purchased and played,  and many laughs were shared.  Until Duke lost in the first round of March Madness and Emily was pretty mad  :)  Sunday comes way too fast when it means your family  has to leave, but we were exhausted! 

By Sunday night my worst fear had come true - I had a terrible stuffy nose and cough.  I don't feel sick or anything, but my nose is stuffy and sore.  I hate that feeling!  I crashed early and tried to sleep in late a bit yesterday.  Today it's better - and at least I don't have the aches or the chills or a fever.  Ick.

Had another doctor's appointment yesterday!  After some confusion I will be going back in 2 weeks to do my glucose test for gestational diabetes and my RhoGam shot.  It's a nurse only appointment so after the 1 hour glucose test, hopefully I'll be out of there quickly!

Baby measured 2 weeks early again - hopefully this is a great sign!  Heartbeat was strong and in the 140s, and I lost 4 pounds since my last visit.  They mentioned it was odd, but didn't get too much of a lecture.  I'm guessing more protein and fiber for my diet these next few weeks and we'll see if I jump up a bit next time.  I always feel so confident leaving the clinic after hearing a strong heart beat, the doctor being able to feel the baby kick, and measuring ahead of schedule.  It feels so great to know everything is okay right now!

We have been blessed with amazing weather this past week, and I just love waking up to the windows open with a nice crisp air in the room.  It makes you feel so refreshed for the day!  I'm getting excited to be able to spend more and more time outside and maybe finish a few odd and end projects outside the house before baby comes!

Although today I did receive some bad news at work.  It's a really strange story and so sad.  Authorities found a dead male next to some railroad tracks in Glyndon.  It turned out to be a co-worker of mine and people are pretty shaken up.  I keep checking the story online but there haven't been any updates yet.  He was only 27 and I still can't believe it.  I'm sure at work the next few days we will be putting together cards, donations, food, and also trying to make sure everyone is okay.  My prayers go out to his family that they are able to find answers and that Jared is able to Rest In Peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment