Friday, April 20, 2012

Sneak Peek!

This week I had my 30 week appointment for me and baby.  Everything was fine - weight, blood pressure, and heart beat.  Until she went to measure me and we were measuring at 34 weeks!  Eek!  She scheduled an ultrasound for me and we had that today.

It was so heart warming to see the baby on the screen again.  The tech was really nice and gentle.  She retook all the measurements of baby and made sure she pointed out exactly what she was measuring.  We immediately told her that we didn't know what gender the baby was and she was very respectful.  Turns out baby had it's legs underneath it's butt so she never even got a shot of it either :)  That made me very happy!

Baby turned out to be measuring just about 2 weeks ahead of schedule and the ultrasound machine gave a due date of June 10.  Our original being June 23.  Baby weighs 4 lb. 4 oz. and perfectly healthy! 

She tried to get a few 3D images for us, but by the end baby was not cooperating and was hugged up to the placenta so we couldn't get a shot of the face.  Doesn't bother me - I was just glad she tried for us!

My doctor just called and said she was very happy with our results.  Placenta, fluid levels, and baby all look perfect.  Turns out baby is just long and not as heavy to match the length.  The weight came back in the 74th percentile so she is going to keep our original due date, but made a note in my file to make sure we keep an eye on measurements and around the first of June to make sure baby isn't too big.  Then we will talk about inductions/weight size/date changes at that point. 

I was freaked out a bit this week because of this, but Mark was wonderful.  He made sure to be by my side during the ultrasound and as soon as the baby popped up on the screen  he got a smile on his face.

While pregnancy is no easy task to take on, I can't believe how fast it's going.  31 weeks tomorrow.  I remember being excited to hit double digit weeks and see our baby was now the size of a lime.  Now I'm afraid to see how big :)

Tonight starts our first night of child birth class so I hope we come home with tons of information.  I'm sure that will be an entirely new post when I get around to it! 

With all that said - here are the 2 salvageable images from our appointment today.  Everybody say hello to Baby Nightingale!



1 comment:

  1. Have fun at your childbirth class!!! I'm excited for mine--it'll be starting on May 3rd!

    Baby Russ was the same way--he hugged my placenta the whole time and did not want to cooperate for u/s measurements. It was why it wounded up being an hour long appointment.

    Cute baby pictures!

    http://beautifullittlepieces.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete