Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Showers!

I can't believe I'm far enough along in this pregnancy that my showers are coming soon!  We officially got our first invitation and it's so weird that it's almost here - I almost am in denial about it.  I got the same giddy feeling that I got when our very first RSVP for our wedding was in the mail.  I can't believe how excited we are!

I put the invite on the refrigerator and smile so big whenever I see it when I get something to eat or drink - which by the right now is a TON :)

The only downfall is that right after the invites came out, I got an email from Babies R Us saying a few things on our registry have moved to clearance items or are limited availability now and I should look into it.  Normally I wouldn't care, but if it was a big ticket item like a car seat, stroller, pack n play, etc. I wanted to replace it with something similar.  I signed on to our registry to fix the situation and of course right on the top they put the list of things people have purchased for us already.  I'm so disappointed that I saw, but there were only about 5 things on there so I don't feel so bad.  Of course now I'm fighting the urge to keep logging on.  Somewhere I must find the will power not to, since I can't seem to find the will power to say no to some ice cream every night. ;)

Also on Easter Sunday my aunts decided they wanted to have a shower for me and baby as well.  This brings the total to 3 showers before baby, and 1 afterwards.  Holy Moly are we lucky to have such wonderful friends and family!

The closer the shower gets the more anxious I get about us not having enough stuff.  But this is a time in my life when I need to remember that I have to wait and can't plan everything out right away.  It's a hard lesson to learn, but hey, I might love that I have some things to do towards the end of my pregnancy when time will seem to c.r.a.w.l. by!

But for now I have taken my time away from the registries and enjoyed some alone time with Ruby while Mark is out of town for work.  Hopefully he returns soon though - I could definitely use a back rub and some help with a few chores :)

No comments:

Post a Comment