Thursday, April 12, 2012

Loose Ends

It's been an interesting week so far that's for sure.  Mark is out of town for work and although he was supposed to be home yesterday, it's looking like it might be tomorrow night.  I try and try and try to be supportive because I know that he would rather be home with me and Ruby, but it's hard when I need help and never know when he's going to be able to come back.  That part is probably the worst.

I didn't handle the news very well this time and tried to remind myself that it's better he work out of town and later now than in 8 or so weeks when I could possibly really need him here.  I think I owe Mark something nice when he gets back for my emotional behavior.  I'm thinking a nice home cooked meal will do the trick :)  He has been eating Arby's every night for supper for the last 4 days.

Of course the worse thing that happened was I took a spill down the stairs and while Mark was gone and while both me and baby are fine, my back is very sore.  It's hard to get Ruby hooked up to her rope, unload the dishwasher, and lift anything heavy.  Maybe I'll have to add a nice home cooked dessert to the dinner I cook when he returns will help me get a back rub from him!

Meanwhile to cure my boredom while he's been gone, Pinterest has become my friend.  I decided to start gathering ideas for Roman and Anna's wedding, which of course I have no idea when it will be due to the lack of an engagement right now :)  But I just love getting my creative juices flowing - especially when it's not my money this time!  During the whole research process I stumbled upon my old vendors' websites to see what rates are these days and anything new I would have missed.  It was much to my surprise that I found our wedding pictures everywhere!  I knew the ones on our photographer's page for sure, but I hadn't been to our reception page.  Turns out she revamped her whole page with our reception as the background!  It made me feel so nostalgic about our day and a bit vindicated about every choice I made and dollar I spent.  It's an honor and I'm so glad other people saw the beauty in our special day, just like we did!


No comments:

Post a Comment