Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Jinxed.

Our trip home last weekend was interesting to say the least.  We jinxed ourselves.

We were getting close to home and both Mark and I were just raving about how we love our Honda.  It's reliable, it's cute, it never has issues, and if something ever does come up, Honda takes care of it for no charge.  Amazing.

Jinxed.

The check engine light comes on and the car won't down shift.  Perfect.  I trust Mark with cars - he is very smart about them just like my dad.  He got us home and we were low on oil  After a battery of questions and code checking, Mark fixed it enough to get us home safely.  And with NO engine light on!  Yay!  Turns out the last time Mark changed the oil he wrote down the mileage for his truck.  Poor Honda was just thirsty for some oil.  Problem solved - thank goodness :)

But I was able to keep my mind off of the car since the weekend was so busy.  Mamma Mia with Mom, Emily, Anna, Julie, Stacy, Colleen, and Nicko.  Downtown was fabulous.  Everyone looked like they were enjoying their drinks, appetizers and dinner was fantastic, and of course the company of family is always perfect.  The show started and it was better than I imagined it to be.  Hilarious, fun, loud, singing, dancing, everything you would want out of a show.  The only bad part was that it was only 2 hours long.  I think we all could have sat there for at least 2 more.

The next morning Mark and I went down to Mom and Dad's.  Dad wanted us to hang out in his barn for awhile and we had a blast.  Roman came out and we had lunch, snacks, drinks (juice for me), and played cards out in Dad's shop.  His little malt shop sure has come a long way!  Here are a few of the highlights:




 After cards Mark and I returned to Deb and Dave's for dinner with some of their family friends and more cards.  It was a nice time, but I was beat by the end of the day. 

The next morning we did some shopping, hung out, had some lunch, and left to come back to Fargo around 3.  It felt very good to be home after such a busy weekend.  We both crashed into bed pretty early - even Ruby.  But of course, weekends with family are worth it for sure.

No comments:

Post a Comment