Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Showered With Love

Well folks one of the big weekends has come to an end.  And it was fantastic.

Friday after work it was  time to load up the big car and hit the road.  Again.  The drive went well - no check engine lights this time  and Mark and I were able to laugh and chat the whole way.  The 200 miles went pretty fast!

We got to Mark's parent's house, unpacked, and I was just about ready to hit the hay.  The next few days were going to take it out of me. 

Saturday was my shower that my lovely girlfriends threw for me.  It was everything I could have ever wanted.  Perfect company, delicious food, funny chats, and of course everyone was so generous with their gifts.  I loved being able to see my mom and sister again as well.  I absolutely love having a group of friends that  even if we go years without seeing each other, we get together and it's like we're 16 all over again. :)  Here are some highlights of my wonderful Saturday:







It was sad to see the day go, but I'll always remember this awesome day!


Then it was onto Sunday!  Mark's entire family came over and were definitely spoiled at this shower as well.  It was more of an open house style which took the pressure off a bit.  Especially when it was time to open presents.  It was a ton of fun because it was all couples.  My dad was able to come, Michael came, and almost all of Mark's uncles, cousins, etc.  It was nice to see all of our family members stay so excited about the baby!  Here are a few more highlights:








As you can see we got TONS of baby gear.  From big things, to little things, to hand made things.  We really enjoyed everything and everyone who did this all for our little one. 

Not many people have this many family and friends to make sure their baby is dressed in style and never has to play with the same toy in a day :)  We truly are blessed in so many ways. 

No comments:

Post a Comment