Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Two Favorite Things

The time has come.  Things really need to start happening.  After our last ultra sound that put the baby due on June 10 instead of the 23, things got a little more real.  And it's kind of freaking me out a bit.  I mean back when I was about 18-20 weeks pregnant I felt like I was dreaming of this time.  And now it's here and it's like I find a reason to procrastinate it some more.  It's so unlike me!

But once we got back from our trip home we realized it was time.  Then it finally came to me - this is my favorite thing.  I get to re-organize all my crazy and incessant lists, AND cross things off of them.  It's quite perfect.  I wasn't planning on doing anything until next week, but realized I should take advantage of the moments I'm feeling good.  Because I become more and more nauseated and tired with each passing day.

The big thing was to either cross off the baby items we have off of my lists - which of course are sub categorized by For The Baby, For Mom, For The Nursery, etc.  I got a good system down.  Each category got it's own page, and if I purchased the item I just crossed it off, and if I registered for it, I put an "R" next to it.  Of course the real fun comes after I have 2 showers this weekend when I can cross reference my list with our master registry list I printed off .  I love organization!!

I never thought we had that much stuff and I was starting to feel anxious about the baby's arrival.  Mark kept disagreeing with me and he was right.  I wasn't planning on washing any clothes until Monday after the 2 showers.  Boy am I glad I didn't wait.  We had a heaping laundry basket just full of clothes.  We also had some blankies, burp rags, bibs, etc.  I'm so glad I got this chunk done.  And it also made me feel a bit better that we might *actually* be a bit more prepared than I think!



Nobody likes laundry.  Especially me.  But there's just something about little baby laundry that took the sting out of it a little bit.  Of course until it was time to fold :)

We washed, dried, and folded and just put everything back in the basket.  Because of course I'm still struggling on how I want to organize the clothes in the closet/dresser/storage etc.  Part of me really wants my mom to come up and help with that - she's good at it and obviously has done it successfully 4 times!  I'm guessing once we get more things this weekend, it will be easier to decide where things should go.

But once I started organizing it started not to be so scary.  And I'm glad I did it because for the moment - nothing needs to be done in the nursery.  And that's a great feeling!

No comments:

Post a Comment