Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Finished Product!

I believe I can safely say that our nursery is complete!!!  I can't believe it! 

Well - all but one minor detail.  We saved the space above the crib for something that pertains to the baby's name/gender once I deliver. 

After I did the first 2 loads of laundry before our showers, I had 2 more to do after we returned home.  We spent all last night in the nursery deciding how to organize the drawers, closet, etc.  We finally got a system down and all the clothes put away.  Things have a home in there and it feels so good!

The crib bedding got a bit of a make over as well.  The bedding set we ordered came with more of a terry/fleece sheet.  Thought it might be a little warm for June!  We received some extra sheets at one of our showers and I let Mark pick which one we put on.  So little pastel animals it was :)  Then after much debate - the crib bumpers came off.  I couldn't decide for awhile since so many companies went back and forth on the issue.  But after some research I found that the 3 major baby associations strongly advise against it.  I was a little bummed at first since I felt like the bumpers tied the whole room together - but I'm getting more and more used to them being off.  Plus once the baby gains neck/head control, they need to go back on.  So it was just a good bye for now and I'm totally okay with that.  :)

Of course the best finishes were the things I was able to open at my shower on Sunday.  All of the fabric I sent to Shannon for blankies, changing pad covers, pillows, etc. and every little piece of it is fantastic.  I was so excited to put everything in it's home and step back and see everything come together.  And it is perfect.  The nursery looks just like how I pictured.  All about colors - not specific designs.  

The mobile arm sleeve.  Fits perfectly and definitely didn't cost as much as purchasing one from the bedding set.

A memory board for the wall above the dresser/changing station.  Came with a photo of one of their dogs and everything :)

One of of the four changing pad covers.  I chose the yellow and elephant scheme since Emily loves elephants and I love yellow!

The 2 pillows.  My fave.  They obviously won't stay in the crib.  One will go up on a shelf and the other on our glider/ottoman for comfort!

No comments:

Post a Comment