Monday, March 5, 2012

Obsessions

I have a few new addictions since the last post:

Cuddling with Ruby
Admiring the nursery (what's done so far)
Yogurt
Cake Boss on Netflix
and
Crossword puzzles

That about sums up my life right now!  I think Ruby knows that something is changing.  She always wants to sniff the nursery furniture or be on my lap.  When she's sleeping on my lap, every once in awhile the babe will kick and she'll feel it and jump.  It's pretty cute.  I hope she takes to the babe well and doesn't become jealous!  I also have been feeling sooo awful when we leave her at home.  Ask Mark about the emotional drop off of her at the groomer on Saturday morning.  I was being a definite hormonal pregnant lady...but hey, I'm allowed, right?

The nursery colors with the bedding has just melted my heart.  Mark did such a great job painting and I can tell that when he's putting in new batteries in the smoke detector, or replacing the outlets with safety outlets, he is really trying to take care of his little one.  It's nice that it's time to realize how lucky and blessed we are to be able to have this baby, and to start getting ready for the baby to come!  We found a few additions to the nursery this weekend, but in all the business of life, they haven't even been put away.  Pics to follow - promise promise :)  This weekend we will be traveling to the cities to register for babe!  People seem to be mad that it's taken me this long, but I had to make sure I knew what I wanted!  It will be nice to get out of town for the weekend, have the registries started and completed, and meet my family for lunch.  I haven't seen my parents since Christmas, so I'm pretty stoked about it!

Yogurt Rocks.  I went crazy in Target this weekend.  Their Archer Farms Fat Free Yogurts were on sale.  So I bought 2 of every flavor that they had.  Yum!  And let me just say, the Apple Cobbler flavor is to die for!  I wonder what this babe will end up being - given my huge cravings for yogurt and fresh fruits and juice!

Cake Boss.  Enough said.  Although watching the cake, chocolate, vanilla, icing, sugar, at 24 weeks pregnant isn't the best idea - I don't care!  The things they do are incredible.  I admire not only the baking part, but the small tedious work of the gals who work in the bakery.  Sculpting teacups and saucers out of modeling chocolate doesn't sound like my dream job!

Crosswords!  It takes my mind off of having to pee, registering, the blizzard last week which turned into snow we were used to having, and my need for chocolate.  I did almost 60 puzzles while Mark was gone last week.  It was a great way to take my mind off of everything and I think it will continue to be until the babe comes.  Of course, I'll have to switch out the crosswords for more information on labor in about 8 weeks, but until then you can bet I'll be solving those little clues!

But for this afternoon, Cake Boss is on in the background, Ruby is napping next to me, 2 cups of yogurt sit on  the coffee table, and I have a pencil poking through my ponytail ready to write in my crosswords. And I'm completely okay with this!

No comments:

Post a Comment