Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Minor Chaos

Well the last few weeks were definitely busy with everyone staying here.  Emily left with Bella and Ace on Saturday morning so there are a few less people and barkers in the house now :)  It's nice and quiet!

While Michael was taking Emily down to my parents, Mark and I painted the nursery!  And for the very first time, things definitely feel real.  The paint is perfect and Mark did a fantastic job making sure it was pretty perfect in there!  Only one snafoo, we ran out of blue paint on the last wall, but it wasn't anything a quick trip to Menards couldn't fix.  Of course, since we had to empty the nursery to paint, the camera got lost in the shuffle.  I did take a few photos on my phone, so at least the transition was documented somewhere!  Once the paint it all dry, in a few weeks, and things all get put away, camera pics will be up for sure.

I had another doctor's appointment last week and all is well with momma and babe :)  I left feeling settled and excited, like I always do after hearing the babe's heartbeat.  Strong and in the 130s.  People keep making their gender guesses based on the heartbeat, so I always make sure to tell family what it was and listen to their reasons!  I also left with a prescription for Zantac - thank goodness - and I finally feel fantastic.  But I'm also thankful that the only pretty bad pregnancy symptom I've had so far is heartburn.  That I can deal with - for sure.

I also finally faced my fear and had an eye exam done yesterday.  Terrifying.  But I am glad to say it was not as bad as I had envisioned.  I survived!  But I also had to get glasses...something I wasn't too excited about.  On the bright side, I don't need to wear them all the time.  They're just reading/computer/driving glasses whenever I feel necessary.  Mark kept looking at me weird yesterday saying "I'm not used to seeing you in glasses."  I just keep hoping there was a compliment in there somewhere ;)

A big blizzard is on it's way so I am stoked to be home from work for the day and ready to brave the storm!  I am not very happy that Mark had to travel last minute for work to South Dakota, where the storm is really bad, for the rest of the week.  It's hard enough missing him for 5 days, but you had scary weather here and there and I'm definitely pretty anxious.  Michael is here to help, but of course working late so I hope the power stays on and my lovely neighbor helps snow blow our driveway so I can make it to work tomorrow.  Or maybe not...;)

All in all the mood in the Nightingale house is good, momma is good, dad is good, & most importantly - babe is good :)

No comments:

Post a Comment