Monday, March 12, 2012

Bottles, Blankies, and Bath Toys - Oh My!

Here I sit - at home after our crazy busy weekend in the cities.

Friday after I finished working I came home to shower, pack me, pack Ruby, and load up/gas up the Honda.  It was a pretty busy afternoon for me, but I was definitely anxious to get on the road (and grab some supper)  :)

We got to town a little after 9, as usual, and visited for a while while we unpacked and hit the hay.  The next day was going to be busy!

And then it was Saturday!  We were up early to get ready and get to Babies R Us at opening time - 9:30.  I figured the more time I had there in peace and quiet the better, and I definitely had a good idea.  By the time we left, it was a zoo! 

Registering was pretty difficult.  I had my lists,  I had done my research on big ticket items, I had my notes, but I still somehow felt swallowed in the sea of baby stuff.  How do you know what you need and want?  I know we only need the basics, but it's hard to determine the bare essentials from all the fluff fluff stuff they have on the shelves.  Fortunately, the lady who set us up was very fast, knowledgeable, and friendly which was so nice.  She recommended where we start and where finish which was a great piece of advice I followed.  Once Mark and I got into the swing of things, it started to go pretty smoothly.  Just something about watching your husband try and assemble a car seat into a stroller makes you smile!  :)  I had about 5 aisles left and we looked at the time - holy cow!  We had plans to meet my family in Burnsville for lunch since we hadn't seen them since Christmas and we needed to leave in 10 minutes.  We got our speed shoes on, made some quick decisions, turned in our scanner, received our little goody bag, and we were off!  We were halfway finished!

Lunch was delicious - and fun!  I was surprised to see my dad there, I figured he would have been busy in the shop.  But everybody made it, we enjoyed talking about baby stuff, fun stuff, future spring/holiday plans, etc. all over a great lunch.  Mark and I definitely needed the mental break for sure!

After lunch, everyone dispersed into their separate ways.  And Mark and I were off to finished the second half of our registry at Target.  We found a nice big Target right by the restaurant in Burnsville so there we went!

Target was definitely easier - we were basically needed more clothing items, bottles, sippy cups, books, etc.  There wasn't too many people there and we found everything we wanted.  Of course, clothes were a little bit harder so anything that could be gender neutral we picked up and scanned for sure!  After looking at a print out of it all, a few clothing items say "baby boy" on the title on the registry, but hopefully people don't look too much into that.  Who cares if the stars on the onesies are blue?  Seems gender neutral enough for me!

After registering we went back to Mark's parents where me and Mark basically crashed.  We just watched some TV and Deb made dinner.  After we ate, we watched more TV, we played some cards, and we were exhausted!  So was Ruby - she must have had a fun day with her Grandma and Grandpa because she just crashed!

Sunday Deb and I did some shopping and I ended up finding some pretty decent curtains for the nursery for a GREAT price.  I was stoked about it!  So while we got our coffees and found some good sales, the boys were at the auto show in Minneapolis.  They had a nice time too - and Mark has over 100 pictures of cars to prove it!  When they returned we ate a quick lunch, packed up, and hit the road.  We were ready to be home.

The nursery will be put together this week - I'll have to take a few before, during, and after pictures because after we got home and essentially "dumped" the rest of the nursery/baby stuff we bought over the weekend or Deb had for us, it is officially a cluster of crap sitting around and driving me insane.  I definitely want it to look presentable - it will be bare - but presentable since Roman and Anna are coming to Fargo next weekend and they haven't seen ANY part of the nursery yet :)

Baby things feel like they're coming closer!  We have plans for the nursery, registries are finished, showers are being planned, and the kicks and jabs I feel every day just help me remember it's all for a GREAT cause!

But since I have my dinners planned for the week, groceries bought and put away, I do believe it's a snack time for me!  Besides making pasta salad and dinner, my evening plans are going to be minimal since the finale of The Bachelor is on tonight!  Yay junk TV!  Accompanied with some ice cream I would imagine :)

No comments:

Post a Comment