Monday, June 11, 2012

Work Work Work

Well it's official.  My last day at work was on Friday. 

I can't believe the time is here.  I could continue working, but find myself already glad I'm done.  Dealing with strangers coming up to me and grabbing my stomach daily was ridiculous.  And if I had to hear: "Oh, you're still pregnant", "You must be 2 weeks overdue", "You've been pregnant forever", and of course my favorite "Are you sure there's only one in there?"  I would scream.  What is it about a pregnant lady that makes strangers feel like her health is their business??  Blah some people were pretty obnoxious.

Of course my regulars all knew it was my last day and gave me hugs and wished me, Mark, and our little one many healthy blessings.  These were all followed by "You're coming back, right?"  Gotta love all the 40 something men that love me!  :)

I was finished with work and they bought me lunch.  It was nice to know I was loved there, will be missed, and t hat I have an open invitation back.  But it just made me realize that we're that much closer to baby! 

Although we will never be able to stay away from Granite City.  I'd like to go eat brunch this weekend if the babe hasn't arrived yet and of course I'm under strict orders to bring the babe in as soon as I can to meet everybody!

Here's hoping it's not too much longer :)

No comments:

Post a Comment