Monday, June 4, 2012

Rubber Duckies!

Wow I've been slacking!

The day after Roman's graduation I had a baby shower thrown by my wonderful aunts.  It was gorgeous.  Everything was yellow and orange and had a rubber duckie theme to it.  So adorable.

Of course the food was awesome - candy corn, lemon heads, cheetos, cheese popcorn, cantaloupe, pineapple, and mango were just the snacks!  There was egg bake and french toast, coffee, lemonade, etc.  So fun!

We played fun games - make baby names out of me and Mark's name, guess the price of all these baby items i.e. The Price Is Right, and at the end we had to try and list all the different kinds of rubber duckies that were sitting out the whole day. 

I officially bombed at all the games, but that's what makes it fun!  I kept everybody's baby names since some were SO creative!  And again we were so blessed that after this shower,  we only had to go and get a baby monitor and some medicine for babies.  We are very blessed!

Of course I don't have pictures of these as Mark had all the bags in the car including the camera.  I know my sister took some so I'm hoping the next time she does a photo bomb upload on facebook that I can snag some and throw them on here later.

But the end of the shower was the weirdest part of all.  I hugged my mom and sister goodbye and all they could talk about was "call me when it's time" and "we'll have to see when we can come up and see the baby."  It didn't make much sense to me until I realized that was the last time I would see my family pregnant!  That the next time we would have our sweet little one.  It kind of threw me for a loop - but a good one at that.  Things got very real for me and Mark and our drive back to Fargo.  This baby is coming soon whether we believe it or not - and we couldn't be more thrilled about it!

No comments:

Post a Comment