Monday, June 4, 2012

Resting and Relaxing

Mark's parents decided to come to Fargo last weekend.  I of course warned them I wouldn't be doing much since nausea has made it's way back into my life and of course walking is more like waddling at this point.

I spent most of the weekend doing my crossword puzzles in the chair with pillows and blankets while the boys found a few small projects to do around the house.  Deb and I got pedicures Saturday morning and stopped at 2 stores for some shopping, met the boys for lunch since they were finished golfing, then headed back home.  That's when I set up camp for most of the day.  I felt bad not feeling good enough to entertain them, but at the same time I warned them that I wouldn't be doing much!

I made dinner Saturday night and everybody just took it easy.  They left fairly early on Sunday since they had a barbecue to attend back home.  Mark and I bummed around for the rest of the day and Mark basked in the glory of not having to go to work the next day.  Ahh Memorial Day! 

We took advantage of Mark being home the next day and finished getting things organized for the baby.  Even washed bedding and decided it was best to change out our expensive WHITE sheets, down comforter, and duvet cover and put on something a little easier to clean for when the baby comes.  I love my bedding, but don't want it to get ruined within the first few days of having the baby here!

We did a little bit of shopping - just bought some treats and bones for Ruby and checked out a few Memorial Day sales.  It feels good to get out of the house when I'm feeling up to it that's for sure.

Then later we met Wyatt and Karin and their kids for ice cream.  It was a nice treat on a hot day!  And all in all I would say it was a successful three day weekend!  Because in reality, we won't have much time to rest and relax in the near future!

No comments:

Post a Comment