Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Normal? What's that?

I feel as though there's no more 'normal' left in my life.  Some days we sleep a lot, some days not so much.  Some days we are able to run some errands together, and sometimes Cooper is having none of it and just wants to snuggle.  And it all seems normal to me - and maybe it is - who knows?

I can't believe how big Cooper is getting.  Parenting becomes more rewarding as time goes on.  While it kills me to keep having to put some of his clothes away that he's outgrown, I need to remember it's only because he's reaching new milestones in his life and that's something we should both be so proud of!

Cooper is 12 weeks old today and the last 12 weeks are a blur!  But we get more and more used to our new life every day.  I told Mark last night that I remember right in the last few weeks of being pregnant and the first few months of Cooper's life, I was anxiously waiting for us to feel like "us" again.  And now I do.  And I remember exactly what made me fall in love with him 7 years ago, marry him 2 years ago, and still love him today. 

Last night was our first night giving Cooper rice cereal.  It was messy, it was fun, and he loved it!  He only had a few spoonfuls but fell asleep in his high chair afterwards.  We were giggling and just so surprised at how big he seemed!  He's not just a newborn that eats, sleeps, and poops all day.  He talks back to you, sees lights and patterns, and needs attention.  It's fantastic!

We're hoping a few spoonfuls of cereal at night will help him feel satisfied a bit longer and stop waking up every 2.5 hours to eat.  Because while I'd do anything for him, this momma is tired!

Besides Cooper not much new is in our lives.  We have an exciting few weeks coming up with family members coming to visit, us going to visit them, and Cooper's baptism we sure are to be busy!  But we are all excited for the new memories we get to created with our soon during the next month or so!

No comments:

Post a Comment