Monday, August 27, 2012

It's A...

It's a Boy!

I couldn't believe it - my baby was here!  And no longer an "it", he was a he and he was perfect.  The 2 1/2 hours of pushing was worth it. 

After the delivery all of the stuff you read about is true!  You don't notice anything else going on.  They left him on my chest for awhile and then took him away to weigh, measure, and clean him up.  I delivered the placenta super easily and they began with stitches for me.  And all that mattered anymore was those 10 fingers and 10 toes.  That's it.

Mark and I used this time to hug and name our precious baby.  Cooper Paul Nightingale was finally here.  All 8 pounds 14.8 ounces and 21 inches of him.








It was hard, it was emotional, it was intense.  It was everything people tell you it is and more.  We still thank God to this day for giving us such a precious and beautiful baby boy to call our own. 

No comments:

Post a Comment