Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Memorable Day!

So starting on Friday we've just had all kinds of things going on!  Mark's parents decided to come to Fargo for the weekend to spend some time with us which was nice - it's hard to be the ones to drive all the time, especially with gas prices the way that they are.  We shopped, played cards, ate, chatted, and just hung out.  While we got a lot done, it still managed to feel like a pretty relaxed weekend.

Deb and I did our usual shopping rounds Saturday morning, with Caribou in hand of course, and added one more stop.  Since my awesome sister-in-law is an amazing sewer, she graciously offered to sew up some things for the nursery for me so we could save MEGA  bucks.  (Shannon you're the best!)  Since the nursery bedding had come in earlier that week, we took one of the blankies with us and off to Joann Fabrics we went.  I had a list of all my projects and measurements in tow and we got shopping!  At first I was getting discourage, couldn't find much of the colors I wanted.  But the more we dug in, the better it got.  I actually had to turn some away because I didn't have enough projects!  After triple checking my lists, quadruple checking my measurements, and 10 different patterns and solids of fabrics later, we left the store with big smiles and happy pocket books.  (Thanks Deb)  :)  Once I get the projects returned to me, photos will be posted of course.  But here's a sneak peek of what we were able to purchase:




I can't wait to see all my visions come together!

The dress for the nursery also came in earlier that week.  It matches perfectly - I think we did a good job of picking it out :)



Ruby wanted to make sure her help did not go unnoticed!


 All in all I'm feeling so awesome about the progress we made in the babe's room.  It at least has a place to sleep and the weight I feel off my shoulders is incredible.  Now there's not much left to do but think about what we would like to register for, and start getting paint and decoration inspriation!

But of course, after the busy week and weekend, today finally came!  We were so anxious for it to get here...the big ultrasound for baby!  We aren't finding out the sex of our baby and while most people find it annoying, we feel very blessed to be able to have a healthy baby so far that why ruin the surprise?

The ultrasound took a very long time, had a few complications, (I had a contraction during it, a big bladder because lab wasn't ready for me beforehand like they had said, and baby just wasn't cooperating much), but the techs got all the measurements they needed.  We are happy to announce that baby Nightingale is healthy and right on target, if not ahead of schedule!

The ultrasound techs were wonderful, kept the gender a secret, and apologized for having to have kept me so long and pushing so hard on my tummy.  It wouldn't be a Nightingale if it wasn't giving those ladies a hard time that's for sure :)  It gave us a few giggles, standing on it's head for awhile and all, but there's nothing more precious than being able to see 10 fingers and 10 toes on 2 arms and 2 legs with a very strong heartbeat.





We are happy parents-to-be and know this is a day the both of us will never forget.  Not just because of our amazing ultrasound, but because Mark took me to A&W afterwards...Yum!














No comments:

Post a Comment