Sunday, January 22, 2012

Catching Up!

So I thought that I would be so great at keeping a blog - turns out I made it, wrote one entry, and just about every night afterwards said "I should go and write another post."

I made the blog in hopes of keeping a pregnancy journal.  That's right folks - we are expecting Baby Nightingale on June 23, 2010.  We knew we were pregnant when I made the blog originally, but it was so early that I decided I would wait a little while before we announced.

So here we are, 18 weeks and 1 day pregnant and I feel like we got a pretty good handle on things!  Both of our families and all of our friends are being so supportive that it was really overwhelming at first.  I waited until I was about 16 weeks along before I started making some choices on nursery gear, birthing classes, etc.  Once I started, I couldn't stop!  We have done so many things around the house, and quite frankly they needed to be done anyways.

We purchased a separate "kitchen cabinet" if you will from Fleet Farm.  It's doing a MARVELOUS job and holding all of Ruby's items, small kitchen appliances, liquor, and all of the other things my kitchen cabinets weren't doing a good job of holding.  I learned my lesson about that - carefully map out cabinet and drawer space BEFORE offering on a house.  Once the kitchen was cleared out and better organized (I actually have a few empty cabinets - I can't believe it) we were onto the office/nursery.

Thank goodness we put new carpet in the upstairs back in September.  We found a steal at Menards for carpet I adored.  So we learned how to measure for carpet, purchase, tear up the old, and install the new all on our own.  The sense of accomplishment Mark felt after that huge accomplishment was so nice to see - he definitely deserved it!  So while we had to empty out the office to install the new carpet, we decided that was a good time to start getting it "baby friendly."  We were trying to start our family, and figured it would be easiest to do it while we had to move everything anyways.  Of course it almost got all emptied out, but after 4 months, it slowly accrued more overstock and we had to do it again!  Things got thrown away, files got filed appropriately, and my OCD took over.  Things went into matching storage totes, labeled, and organized.  After the totes were finished, we made room for them in our storage space under the stairs.  Funny how one project rolls into another, and then another etc.  By the end of the day, the office was empty and could be called the empty nursery, storage under the stairs was cleaned out, and the garage got the treatment too.  It was a long day, but felt we got so much accomplished.  And it finally felt like we actually had space to put a baby and all the junk they come with :)

We've done a few more things, but I have them being shipped to me this week so I'll update with pics as soon I get them.  Super excited to see how everything turns out - especially if it matches what I see in my head!!

That's all for now kids - Mark will be watching football, Rubers has finally calmed down a bit, and I believe a nap is in my future!
















No comments:

Post a Comment